If you've never played a game of 'would you rather' with your friends, then you've been missing out big time. Gross, crude, but also quite thought-provoking, the game allows you to be as creative as you want with the questions, which more often than not leads to contemplating situations you'd never wish on your worst enemy, let alone yourself.
So in recognition of what OMG Lane thinks is the best game ever, we've scoured the web and picked 10 of the most inventive would you rather questions.
1. Would you rather get punched in the face by Mike Tyson or talk like him?- bigbrofy (Reddit)
You don't need us to tell you that Mike Tyson isn't someone you want to mess with, but if it came down to a choice between either taking a punch from him or adopting his lisp, you'd probably have a hard time choosing.
Still, if we're honest, we think we'd brave the punch. And judging by the comments on Reddit, most people tend to agree with us.
2. Would you rather always have to say everything on your mind or never be able to speak again?- Miranda Hagins (Facebook)
Another lose-lose scenario, either would be a nightmare, because if you go with the former, then you'll reveal to everyone how much you hate them and if you opt for the latter you're consigned to a living hell of a different kind.
That said, we reckon you'd live an easier life if you were mute. While being able to talk is something we take for granted, having people know our every thought would likely drive us to an early death.
3. Would you rather be itchy for the rest of your life or sticky?- India Lawrence (Facebook)
This question has already made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. You'd never feel clean again. Not ever! After all, both feelings are as irritable as the other and stop us from relaxing, but to live your life knowing that nothing would take these sensations away would be a living hell.
But which would we choose? Well, if we're going to take on a lifetime of internal torture, we'd probably go for the sticky option. We'd feel dirty all the time, but at least our skin would remain intact.
4. Would you rather only be able to listen to Nickelback songs or read all 56 pages of iTunes' terms and conditions, every day for the rest of your life?- Spencer Althouse (Buzzfeed)
People don't go easy on Nickelback, do they? Despite achieving worldwide success, it appears a large swathe of the human race have nothing but hate for the Canadian band, so much so that many would rather read all 56 pages of iTunes terms and conditions than listen to one of their songs!
If you're asking us, Nickelback isn't that bad. Yeah, we said it. Not that bad. The iTunes' terms and conditions, on the other hand....
5. Would you rather be able to speak every language fluently or play every instrument masterfully?- Terminator 210 (Reddit)
Deviating away from crude scenarios and Nickelback bashing, Reddit user Terminator 210 poses a more sensible question. And it's a good one, too. How many of us have seen our favourite artists on stage and wished we could become multi-instrumentalists just like them? We could woo people with insane guitar riffs and melancholic piano melodies that sound like they've been devised from the heavens.
On the other hand, being able to speak every language fluently would be incredible. Your employability levels would go through the roof. You'd instantly appear more desirable, and most of all you'd have the respect of people from every corner of the globe. So as tempting as it is to have an impressive level of virtuosity, we think that being fluent in every language just about edges it.
6. Would you rather give up the Internet for a year (in all its forms) or make public your whole history of pages visited (even in incognito mode) from the past year for anyone to see?- tptptp (Reddit)
Giving up the Internet for a year in today's day and age seems almost unfathomable, not to mention neigh on impossible, but some would argue they'd prefer that to having the world knowing their Internet history.
If you're asking, us we'd just let people know our Internet history. I mean, if Ted Cruz can go on live TV and talk about a porn video on Twitter, then humans can overcome anything.
7. Would you rather have a receding hairline or a proceeding hairline?- platypuspup (Reddit)
For a guy, losing their hair can be a traumatic experience and in recent years there's been a wave of products and procedures to cure male pattern baldness and alopecia.
However, as this ingenious question suggests, a proceeding hairline could be just as worse. It could creep towards your eyes and overtake your entire body. Just a thought....
8. Would you rather live like a king with no friends and family or be homeless with friends and family?- alextheawesome (Tumblr)
Ah, the good old rich and alone vs. poor with love question. It's a no-brainer, isn't it? Sure, you could live a life of luxury and have grapes handed to you by skimpily clad women as you bask in your throne, but would that heal a broken heart? Hell no.
Even if you're broke, the love of our friends and family (or partner if you're lucky enough to have one) can get us through anything. And if that means living rough, then it's a price worth paying.
9. Would you rather know when you're going to die or how you're going to die?- loveisashoutintothevoid (Tumblr)
Okay, this is getting a bit deep, but it's an interesting question so we'll go with knowing how we're going to die because isn't the beauty of life about not knowing what's around the corner?
If someone told us, it would be like a death sentence, and we'd be counting down the days rather than enjoying them.
However, knowing the day of your death could spur you on to do more. And if you discovered you'd one day be mauled by a bear while coming home from your mother's funeral, you'd have probably wished you went with the other option.
10. Would you rather smell like poop and not know it or constantly be smelling poop that no one else can smell?- India Lawrence (Facebook)
A disgusting question, but as it's a game of would you rather; it only seems fitting we end on such a shitty question. So which would you prefer? If you're asking us, we'd rather smell poop no one else can.
Every day would be horrible, but you could always put a peg on your nose. Heck, it beats people thinking you've had an accident. That would just be plain awkward.