The world is a fascinating place filled with beautiful scenery, incredible wildlife and a human race that boasts a variety of creeds and backgrounds. But away from glistening waterfalls and enchanting mountain-top settings, our world is one which is also pretty random!
In fact, some of these facts are so weird you'll probably marvel at just how peculiar the world is. Here are 20 examples.
- Eating too many carrots can turn you orange! Now we know the primary source of your radiant complexion, Donald!
2. Known medically as spontaneous human combustion, the human body- in rare cases- is capable of bursting into flames.
3. The milk produced from a hippopotamus is a lucid pink color.
4. The average leech has 32 brains.
5. On average, most snails are believed to possess 25,600 teeth.
6. Some turtles breathe through their bums.
7. In 2005, a baby was born with a conjoined head that had no frame. However, the head could blink and smile.
8. Greens aren't always good for you! In fact, those who have inhaled the inside peas have been known to have the bean sprout in their lungs.
9. In Ice-Age Britain, survivors used human skulls as cups.
10. Many of your favorite perfumes probably contain whale poo.
11. The average fart travels at 7MPH.
12. The main reason behind a flamingo's bright pink color is their diet. The mainly eat shrimps.
13. Many sloths remain hanging from branches long after death.
14. Goldfish can distinguish the music of one composer to that of another.
15. Like vain humans, kangaroos like to attract their female counterparts with a bit of muscle flexing.
16. Before trees were common, much of the world was strewn with giant mushrooms.
17. If ever there was an excuse to get on the booze than this fact is it. According to certain studies, drinking a lot of red wine can actually kill cancer cells, going against the preconceived notion that alcohol can harm the body.
18. Baby chicks are known to be smarter than human babies.
19. A woman can get pregnant when already pregnant.
20. And finally, a spa in Jakarta has the unusual method of offering massages to their customers by placing pythons on their customer's backs!